- Credits: 3 + 1 lab
- Course Code: BIOL 124
This course focuses on the classification of living things, the animal kingdoms, basic cell structure, and activities of living cells and organisms.
Students also examine the theories of creation and biological evolutions in
As they work through the course, they develop a biblical understanding of man’s stewardship of the earth by studying ecosystems, interrelationships among organisms, and natural resources.
Week 1 : An Introduction to the Scientific Method
- Chapter 1 PPT and Objectives
- Preparation for Discussion Forum on the Scientific Method
Scientific Method Discussion Forum
Week 2 : Atoms and Molecules of Life
- Chapter 2 PPT and Objectives
Week 3 : Life in Plants (Botany)
- Chapters 14, 15 PPTs and Objectives
- Plant Cell Organelles Discussion Forum
Week 4 : Life in Communities (Ecosystems)
- Chapters 3 and 4 PPTs and Objectives
- Assignment (Presentation)
- Carry Capacity Discussion Forum
Week 5 : Cell Structure and Function
- Chapter 5 PPT and Objectives
- Content/Lesson Information
- Internet Cell Activity
- What to study for Cell Theory (closed book) quiz
- Quiz: Cell Theory CLOSED BOOK
Courses consist of 12 units over a 16-week period. The above is only a sample.
There are no prerequisites for Life Science.
Biology, 5th ed.
Groves, Hensley, and Santopietro | ISBN 9781606829363
40% — assignments
15% — reading and reflection
20% — quizzes and tests
15% — discussion forums
10% — final exam
Dr. Kristin Bird
- BA in Fine Performing Arts Degree, Chatham University
- MAT in Elementary Education, University of Pittsburgh
- PhD in Instructional and Curriculum Leadership, Northcentral University